Five tips to boost your family's immune systems
The immune system is responsible for protecting our bodies from pathogens (germs, viruses and bacteria) that control illnesses such as colds and flu. When our system is strong and efficient, they defend us from attack, but when it weaken, we can fall ill more frequently and take longer to heal.
Here are five tips to help support and strengthen the immune system of the whole family:
- Wash hands frequently to reduce the spread of pathogens.
- Sleep at least 7 hours per night in a comfortable bed, away from noise, light and electronic devices to ensure the immune system's maximum efficiency.
- Entertainment and games reduce stress, which negatively impacts the immune system's well-being, even in children.
- Follow a diverse and balanced diet to ensure the correct intake of iron, vitamin C and antioxidants. They are important for the functioning of our immune system.
- Supplement your diet with natural elements such as uncaria and echinacea. Their immunomodulating properties support the body's natural defences.